King's Pharmacy and Compounding Center has a combined 20 years of pharmaceutical experience. We specialize in customized pharmaceutical compounding for humans and animals.
Compounding is the mixture of drugs by a pharmacist to fit the unique needs of a patient. This may be done for medically necessary reasons, such as to change the form of the medication from a solid pill to a liquid, to avoid a non-essential ingredient that the patient is allergic to, or to obtain the exact dose needed. It may also be done for voluntary reasons, such as adding favorite flavors to a medication.
We customize compounding medications for each individual patient’s needs, which makes us unique in that your medication is developed for your specific needs in mind.
Physicians may prescribe an individually compounded medication for a patient with an unusual health need. This allows the physician to tailor a prescription to each individual.
- Patients requiring limited dosage strengths, such as a very small dose for infants
- Patients requiring a different formulation, such as turning a pill into a liquid or transdermal gel for people who can't swallow pills due to disability
- Patients requiring a allergen-free medication, such as one without gluten or colored dyes
- Patients who need drugs that have been discontinued by pharmaceutical manufacturers because of low profitability
- Patients who are taking bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Children who want flavored additives in liquid drugs, usually so that the medication tastes like candy or fruit
- Veterinary medicine, for a change in dose, change to a more easily-administered form (such as from a pill to a liquid or transdermal gel), or to add a flavor more palatable to the animal
- Oral medication that cause side effects, because they are absorbed systemically, can be changed to topical cream forms to minimize side effects.